The Antigua and Barbuda Hospitality Training Institute offers the following professional certificate courses:
Certified Hospitality Professional (CHP)
It is never too late to study
Whether you are positioning yourself for a management position or have recently been promoted, make your mark today by enrolling in the Certified Hospitality Professional programme. It is designed for persons in the hospitality sector 25 years old and over, working in every function from human resources, finance, marketing, reservations, housekeeping, security, maintenance, events, food and beverage, gaming, logistics and restaurants.
This programme gives you a foundation in hospitality management, and consists of 12 core and two elective courses. You can finish all of the courses and earn your certificate in as little as 18 months, spending three evenings per week in class.
The Certified Hospitality Professional programme provides you with the competitive edge you need to succeed in the industry by:
- Demonstrating your commitment to a career in hospitality.
- Providing you with opportunities for job retention, earning higher wages, promotion eligibility, employment opportunities and career improvement.
- Updating knowledge and skills in existing and new areas of practice.
- Keeping professional qualifications up-to-date.
- Gaining greater job satisfaction.
- Obtaining new and improved skills – making challenging tasks easier.
Reception, Event and Marketing Coordinator (REMC)
This programme combines 3 different disciplines to achieve the ultimate in customer satisfaction. The reception module focuses on skills and knowledge targeted towards customer service, interaction and their expectations. The events management module focuses on bringing together a host of elements to create successful meetings, conventions, weddings and other organized events. The marketing module exposes students to a broad range of marketing knowledge and processes, that will assist them in dealing with situations within a hospitality related career..